Do Good Week 2020
Delta Gammas seek to do good every day! We pledged to do so when we accepted our bids to Delta Gamma. In fact, our Fraternity letters were chosen in 1873 because they represent our motto and desire to do good.
We are constantly witnessing disheartening and troubling stories on social media, the television, radio
and in the newspaper. Let’s come together to putmore good in the world. During the week of September 6-12, 2020, Delta Gamma Fraternity invites you to participate in our seventh annual Do Good Week by doing good deeds, no matter how big or small. Anyone can participate, whether you are a sister, fraternal partner, friend, neighbor or simply a kind person hoping to make the world a little better.
Ready to do good?
Do Good As an Individual
• Pick up trash in your neighborhood.
• Sign up for a virtual volunteering opportunity through
• Donate items to a charitable organization.
• Pay for the person behind you at a drive thru.
• Write a sincere note of appreciation to a friend and/or
an essential worker.
• Build personal protective equipment (PPE) care
packages for your car that you can distribute to people
you encounter who are experiencing homeless.
• Drop off meals to friends and neighbors who are in self-quarantine.
• Shop for food and necessities for those that are immunocompromised.
• Donate to a cause you are passionate about.
• Deliver groceries through a local pantry or food bank.
DO Good As a Physically Distanced Group
• Collect items for a local homeless shelter.
• Organize a food drive.
• Plant a tree or garden.
• Sign up for Be My Eyes, a free app that connects people who are blind or visually impaired with sighted volunteers through a live video call.
• Write letters to public servants to thank them.
• Refill low parking meters on campus or the street where you work.
• Sign up to volunteer as poll workers.
• Support local businesses and restaurants by ordering dinner to go, purchasing a gift card or making an online order.
• Reach out to mutual friends who may be isolated or alone.
• Connect with a local school to put together a drive to collect school supplies and books.
Share The Do Good Message
• Confirm your participation and R.S.V.P. to the official Facebook event. Invite others to join!
• Use #DGDoGoodWeek to share your do good story (or a friend’s) on Instagram and Twitter.
• Post pictures in the official Facebook event page.
• Tell us how you did good by emailing the DG alumnae department at AlumnaeDept@deltagamma.org.